Friday, September 19, 2008

First parts made.


Well after many years of lurking around the R2 Builders club. I decided now was the time to start making my own astromech droid. Fortunately I have the ability to have some of the parts made at work, since we have a 3D router that we use to cut custom and fabricated letters, logos and signs.

I decided the first thing I should do was to make the frame and work out from there. So with the help of my work peers I had the three rings of the frame cut using JAG 5.0 drawings.

I know this will be a very long process, but I will post my progress when possible.

1 comment:

Kyle Katarn said...

Awesome Tony! I will be checking your progress from time to time.